- Aplicación para el móvil que busca conectar al usuario con información sobre el lugar donde se encuentra
- El Impacto de Sostenibilidad de Schneider Electric logra 7,77/10, con el objetivo de conseguir 9/10 en 2020
- Amovens revoluciona el renting para particulares: supera la barrera de los 300 vehículos comercializados al mes
- China, envía Sonda espacial robótica a la Luna diseñada para ensayar tecnologías
- SERES impulsa el uso de la Firma Electrónica con su servicio Contralia
The seventh version of Demo Day of Start-Up Chile will be this July 31st. The CORFO program, which promotes global entrepreneurship, will enable 18 of the leading startups in the current generation to meet privately with influential national and international investors to try to raise money to grow their businesses.
Judges, mentors and speakers
1. Paul Ahlstrom: Entrepreneur and investor. Founded multiple high-technology startup companies and investment funds in the United States and Mexico. Co-founder and Managing Director of Alta Ventures Mexico located in Monterrey, Mexico.
2. Beth Ferreira: Former Chief Operating Officer at Fab. She is a strategic and operational leader who has served as an operations consultant to many early, high growth internet companies as well as a Venture Partner at FirstMark Capital. An advocate of New York tech, Beth is on the Board of Directors of Naja and Tailwind and serves on the advisory board of growth companies such as Birchbox, The Greats, Hatch and JOOR. She also serves as mentor to the Techtars program and is on the investment committee for the Female Founders Fund.
3. César Salazar: César Salazar is a Venture Partner at 500 Startups overseeing investments in Spanish-speaking Latin America. He’s known for jumpstarting the Mexican entrepreneurial ecosystem. He helped start and spread initiatives such as Hackspedition, Startup Dojo and SuperHappyDevHouse across his home country. Before joining 500, César was an entrepreneur and interaction designer for more than a decade. Additionally, he’s a member of the Regional Advisory Board of Startup Weekend.
The method is simple, but it involves a great challenge. The entrepreneurs must convince investors in just four minutes about the merits of their startups and the returns they can offer. Finally, renowned international judges will choose a winner, the best startup from the 9th round of Start-Up Chile (and of course there are prizes that go with this honor).
During the days before the Demo Day, there will be several talks, all open to the public, led by Start-Up Chile and the judges that come to participate. Among the activities include a meeting with Beth Ferreira (COO of Fab.com, a leading e-commerce in the US), which will be held in Santiago Space Maker (Italy Av # 850 A, Providence) on July 30 at 11:30 hours.
About Start-Up Chile
Start-Up Chile is a program created by the Chilean Government that seeks to attract early-phase, high-potential entrepreneurs to bootstrap their startups using Chile as a platform to go global. The program offers its participants a global network in order to achieve this.